School meals are cooked on site in our own school kitchen by our school meals provider Chartwells. They aim to deliver a healthy and nutritious menu that exceeds Government standards.
Menus can be adapted to meet special dietary requirements so please contact the school office if your child may require an amended menu.
Schools meals cost £2.10 per day. Children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 being entitled to a free school dinner under the Universal Free School Meals initiative.
Children not wishing to have a school meal can bring a healthy packed lunch in an appropriate lunchbox. Public Health laws demand that yoghurts must be served straight from a refrigerator to avoid the risk of food poisoning so we ask that yoghurts are not included in your child’s lunch.
Should you wish your child to change from packed lunch to a school meal or vice versa please give two weeks notice to the school office.
Free School Meals
You may be entitled to Free School Meals if you are receiving:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190 (from 6 April 2011)
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- or are being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
If you think you may be entitled please contact the school office.
Chartwells Menu and Nut Allergy Information downloads: